Chicken Sandwich w/Honey Mayo Mustard
- Poached/boiled boneless chicken breast (I add salt, black peppercorns, grated ginger while poaching), shredded
- Onion, chopped finely
- Bread of your choice
- Salad leaves of your choice (I especially like rocket leaves with this one)
(Specifying measurements to give an idea of proportion, adjust to taste and/or qty needed accordingly)
- Mayonnaise, 5 tbsp
- Honey, 1 tbsp
- English Mustard, 1 tbsp (switch to Dijon mustard or American mustard for less heat, switch to Whole Grain mustard for more heat)
- Fried or Roasted garlic flakes (from store bought bottle), 1 tsp OR Fry 1 tsp of fresh chopped garlic in a little oil
- Red Chili Flakes, ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder, ¼ tsp
- Salt, to taste
In a bowl, whisk together mayo, honey, mustard, garlic flakes, chili flakes, salt and black pepper. Add in the onions, shredded chicken and mix well
Spread the salad chicken mix on bread (toasted or untoasted), top with salad leaves and dig in!!
- Add the onions in raw or sauté them first in a little oil till OR cut into ¼ inch thick rings and grill them first.
- Add in some finely chopped celery.
- Add in some finely chopped pickled gherkins.