Clear Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
- Homemade Chicken stock ( recipe below), about 2 cups
- Chicken, cooked and shredded, about ½ cup
- Spinach, coarse stems discarded and leaves washed, drained, and chopped coarse, ½ cup
- Noodles, boiled, ½ cup
- Rice Vinegar, about ½ tsp
- Light Soy Sauce, about ½ tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic, very thinly sliced, 2 cloves
- Oil, ½ tsp
- Sugar, a small pinch
Heat oil over medium flame. Add garlic followed by sugar and ¼ cup chicken stock.
Let the garlic cook completely and become fragrant.
Add remaining stock and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and add the chicken and seasoning, let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add spinach and noodles, stirring until spinach is just wilted.
Switch of the flame, check for seasoning and serve hot.
Homemade Chicken Stock
- Chicken, Whole, 1 (about 800 gm)
- Water, 2 liters
- Onion, quartered, 1
- Garlic, crushed, 2-3 cloves
- Ginger, Sliced, 3”
- Carrots cut into big chunks, 2
- Celery, roughly chopped, 2 sticks
- Coriander, stalks and roots, a handful
- Peppercorns, cracked, 1 tsp
Peel and dice all vegetables roughly into same size pieces.
Place all the ingredients into a high sided pan. Bring it to a boil once and then let simmer for about two hours on low heat.
Skim off any fat, strain and reserve.
Strain and cool to room temperature.
Store in the refrigerator until use.
Sift the chicken out, and shred the meat. Use as necessary.