Bhutte Ke Kees (Grated Corn, spiced and cooked in milk)
- Corn cobs, coarsely grated, 2 cups
- Mustard seeds, ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds, ¼ tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida, a big fat pinch
- Green chillies, finely chopped, 2-3
- Ginger, finely grated/minced, 1 tsp
- Milk, ¾ cup
- Water, ¼ cup
- Lime juice, 1- 2 tbsp, to taste
- Turmeric powder, ½ tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Ghee/Oil, 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Heat the ghee in pan over low heat. Add in the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start spluttering add in the hing, green chillies, ginger and fry for about 10 seconds.
Now add in the grated corn, turmeric and salt. Mix well and stirring constantly, let it cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
Add in the milk and water. Mix well, cover and let it cook till corn is completely cooked and almost dry.
Mix in the lemon juice.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.