Punjabi Tori (Smooth Gourd Curry)
- Tori/Smooth Gourd, washed, peeled and cut into 1 cm roundels, about 2 cups
- Onion, finely chopped, 1 small
- Tomato, finely chopped, 1 small
- Ginger, grated/finely minced, ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili powder, ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder, ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds, ¼ tsp
- Salt, per taste
- Ghee/Oil, 1 tbsp
Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
Add onions and fry till they turn soft. Add in the ginger, tomato, kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric, salt and mix well.
Once the tomatoes start going soft, tip in the tori and mix so that the masala coats the tori well.
Cover and let it cook in its own water on low heat for about 5-7 minutes till the tori gets cooked.
Serve hot with roti or rice.
and here is picture from the internet to show which veggie I am talking about…