Healthier Creamy Chicken Salad…or the compromise salad…enough yogurt to make me feel good, enough mayo to not make him feel too deprived!!
Healthier Creamy Chicken Salad
- Poached/boiled boneless chicken breast (I add salt, black peppercorns, grated ginger while poaching), shredded or cubed (cubed looks prettier!)
- Vegetables of your choice, diced, I use – raw: red pepper, yellow pepper, celery, cucumber; sautéed: onions, mushrooms
- Salad leaves of your choice
(Specifying measurements to give an idea of proportion, adjust to taste and/or qty needed accordingly)
Greek Yogurt, 3 tbsp (or plain yogurt hung in a muslin cloth for a couple of hours to drain out most of the water, just ensure it is not too sour)
Mayonnaise, 1 tbsp
Honey, 1 tsp
Dijon Mustard, 1 tsp
White Wine Vinegar, 1 tsp (or use lemon juice)
Red Chili Flakes, ¼ tsp (optional)
Black pepper powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, honey, mustard, vinegar, chili flakes, salt and black pepper.
Add in the vegetables, shredded chicken and mix well
Cover and refrigerate for about an hour. Serve over salad greens
- Add grapes or raisins or dried cranberries.
- Top it up with some almond flakes.