Mexican style Scrambled Eggs
- Soft Tortillas, corn or regular flour, 2-3
- Tomato, finely chopped, 1 medium to large (deseed, if in the mood; instead of fresh tomato I used some leftover cooked down tomatoes that I had in my fridge)
- Spring onion, 1 or Red Onion, ½ small, finely chopped (optional)
- Green chillies, finely chopped, 1-2 or Red Chilli flakes, 1 tsp (deseeded and chopped)
- Eggs, 3-4 large
- Splash of milk or cream (optional)
- Fresh Coriander/Cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, a handful (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 1 tbsp
Halve the tortillas and then roll them up all together into a sausage shape. Cut the rolled up tortillas into thin strips.
Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with milk/cream, if using.
Put the fried tortilla strips back in the pan, stir a couple of times to coat the onion tomato mix. Add in the whisked eggs, salt and coriander, if using.
Toss around and stir till the eggs are cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and serve immediately!
(Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson from here)